Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Narcissists, Sociopaths and Psychopaths

 After a very confusing long term relationship with whom I've since  discovered was a sociopath, I've been interested in finding out more. Although it was a long time ago I still want to share traits so that others might not fall into the same craziness. The first book I read was The Sociopath Next Door and I've since found many You Tube videos further explaining the differences between a narcissist, sociopath and psychopath. I think we are all confused by the sad and destructive relationship of Harry and Meghan.

Surviving Narcissism on You Tube has some great videos.

There is a common thread between narcissists, sociopaths and psychopaths. There is no honesty or empathy and they view you as lesser than they are. They seek out people whom they can easily manipulate and exploit.

Narcissists tend to be dismissive and manipulative with a need to control.

Sociopaths are schemers. Rules don't apply to them and they have an addictive behavior with no remorse or guilt.

Psychopaths have no conscience, often with a criminal mind, and have no compassion. Watch the Surviving Narcissism video for more details.