Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, July 14, 2023

The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan

 


For those who love books, The Bookshop on the Corner is a lovely read, mostly set in the countryside of Scotland. Jenny Colgan intersperses her novel with book recommendations for local characters. With the library Nina works in closing to make way for a more ultra-modern, media centered library, she finds herself without a job. But it isn't a bookshop that she finds herself acquiring, but a large van that she stocks with books from libraries that have been closed. Returning to Scotland where she purchased the van she finds the locals welcoming and I found myself quickly immersed in the story and love how the sleepy village looks after each other. Of course, with a handsome farmer as a landlord, Nina soon finds romance.