Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, November 1, 2019

Lethal White by Robert Galbraith

A pseudonym for J.K. Rowling, the first I heard of Robert Galbraith was when J.K. Rowling's secret was exposed by an indiscreet wife of one of Rowling's attorneys. Lethal White is part of a series but I didn't find it necessary to read the prior novels first. The characters quickly took shape.

As most of you know, I prefer novels/mysteries to be less than the number of pages of War and Peace, but like the Harry Potter series, Lethal White is over 600 pages! This is not a fast moving hard-boiled crime mystery, so be patient, it will take a while to saunter to the crux of the story.

From the cover:
When Billy, a troubled young man, comes to private eye Cormoran Strike's office to seek help investigating a crime he thinks he witnessed as a child, Strike is left deeply unsettled. While Billy is obviously mentally distressed, and cannot remember many concrete details, there is something sincere about him and his story. But before Strike can question him further, Billy bolts in panic.