Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, April 26, 2024

The Right Sort of Man by Allison Montclair


 The Right Sort of Man (the first in the Spars and Bainbridge series) by Allison Montclair is set in post WWII London where Iris and Gwen have launched a business adventure - The Right Sort Marriage Bureau,

Each of the ladies come from different backgrounds with hints of Iris being involved as a spy during the war and Gwen married into an upper class family. The mystery begins with the death of a new client and the subsequent arrest of another client whom they feel is innocent. 

Londoners have always been resourceful and make the best of situations shown especially during the period immediately following the war and I enjoyed reading about them both overcoming the obstacles in front of them. Also enjoyable for me was reading about an area of London where I spent my childhood. It was a fun read.