Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, December 15, 2023

Cometh the Hour by Jeffrey Archer


 Cometh the Hour is book six of the Clifton Chronicles by Jeffrey Archer.

I picked up the story on Book Five that I came across at the Friends of the Library sale but it wasn't too difficult  to pick up the story.

Jeffrey Archer weaves many of the Barrington and Clifton families in and out of his stories involving English banks, Russia interference during the Cold War and many plots against the family and their business associates. Giles Barrington tries to rescue a woman he loves from behind the Iron Curtain, Lady Virginia is facing bankruptcy and tries to blackmail Cyrus Grant , a wealthy man from Louisiana but it soon begins to unravel for her.