Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, April 21, 2023

Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult


 I normally love Jodi Picoult's novels which show two different view points, but I found Harvesting the Heart was an extremely slow read until the end when everything was wrapped up in just a few pages. The juxtaposition was of a young married couple, she a new mother and he an up and coming heart surgeon.

From the cover:
Paige has only a few vivid memories of her mother; who abandoned her when she was five. Now, having left her father behind in Chicago, she dreams of art school, marries an ambitious doctor - and soon becomes a mother herself. Overwhelmed by the demands of having a family, Paige cannot forget her mother's absence and the shameful memories of her own past, which make her doubt both her ability to give and her sense of self-worth.