Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, August 6, 2021

The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman


 Richard Osman's novel, The Thursday Murder Club, brings together a group of septuagenarians who were once well respected and had interesting lives in their past, but need a little excitement and mystery to solve in their twilight years. Hence began the Thursday Murder Club. All living in a retirement village, a recent murder happens close to home and they team up to solve the mystery. 

My thoughts:
This was a delightful story set in an English village with the required cups of tea and occasional adult beverages along with delicious afternoon cakes. I love that the author brings out such interesting characters who might otherwise be dismissed as old and of little consequence. This is one for my favorite reads list.