Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, July 16, 2021

The Midnight Library by Matt Haig



 The Midnight Library by Matt  Haig begins with "Nineteen years before she decided to die, Nora Seed . . ."

How could you not continue reading after that start in a novel? Nora goes through life with one disappointment after another and finally, full of misery and regret, decides she has had enough. But she ends up in between life and death with a choice to sample different outcomes in her life. But in search for a perfect life she finds that some things are solved but other outcomes are unexpected such as the death of friends or family. In some lives she attains fame and fortune, but as in real life, it doesn't come with guaranteed happiness. 

"There are no easier paths . . . most lives contain degrees of good and degrees of bad."






My thoughts:
This was a book club choice and leaves open lots to discuss. I found it made me think about alternatives in my own life, but whichever path taken, I would not want to lose my children or grandchildren so therefore I look at the sign I painted and use as a constant reminder - Live Without Regret.

Hop on over to my A Penny Saved blog for information about painting signs.