Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, October 9, 2020

The Last Promise by Richard Paul Evans

   


 The Last Promise by Richard Paul Evans is set in Tuscany which is an immediate enticement for me as Italy is one of my favorite places to visit.

Eliana, who was born in Utah, has a fairy tale life in Tuscany or at least that's how her friends and family in America see it. She's living in a centuries old villa on the outskirts of Florence with a handsome husband and young son. Unfortunately her husband isn't overly enamored with family life and spends most of his time travelling the family vineyard business. Her life with her asthmatic son is lonely until her sister-in-law rents one of the villa apartments to a young man, Ross, from Minnesota who has secrets from his past. As a tour guide at the famous Uffizi Galler, Ross is interested in Eliana's paintings and they both find a connection through their love of art.