Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, July 12, 2019

Falling in Love by Donna Leon

In Falling in Love by Donna Leon, the opera singer, Flavia, returns to Venice (this is her third presence in the mystery series). Among the every day life of Commissario Guido Brunetti, he tries to discover why Flavia is being stalked. Is it just an admirer or something more sinister?
This is the 24th book in the Commissario Guido Brunetti series and the characters are tired - many of them tell you so throughout the book. But the story was a little tired too. Even Patta's secretary, the usually entertaining Elettra, is on strike. The mystery ended abruptly without (in my opinion) adequately explaining the stalker's actions. This has been a great series and I hope the subsequent mysteries are more entertaining.