Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, December 22, 2017

Evanly Choirs by Rhys Bowen

The Constable Evans Mysteries is my favorite Rhys Bowen series. The setting is Wales and the main character Evan Evans not be confused with Evans-the-Milk, Evans-the-Meat or Evans-the-Post. Definitely one for my favorite books of 2017 list.

From the cover:
When Constable Evan Evans is persuaded to join the local male choir for the upcoming eisteddfod (cultural festival), he doesn't think the addition of his mediocre voice will do them much good. In spite of all the effort that choirmaster Mostyn Phillips puts into the choir, it is not exactly first class.
Hope arrives in the form of a world-renowned tenor Ifor Llewellyn, who's come home to Llanfair to rest. . . he announces that he is planning to write his memoirs, telling all about hisnumberous relationship but is someone unhappy enough to commit murder to stop him?