Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Monday, August 14, 2017

Murder in the Afternoon Extra by Peter Bartram

Every time I start reading a new Colin Crampton mystery, it feels like connecting with an old friend. I think Colin might have been someone fun to hang out with in 1960s Brighton. Apart from being in the company of someone who might be killed that is.

Murder in the Afternoon Extra is the second book in Peter Bartram's trilogy and this one takes us across the Atlantic to Brighton Beach (Brooklyn, NY). True to Colin's character, he's chased by undesirable characters, finds himself in difficult situations that only MacGyver (and Colin) can get out of and looks forward to returning to the arms of long time girlfriend, Shirley. But the story doesn't end there. Next in the trilogy is Murder in the Night Final.

Note: There is a beach in Brighton which would be referred to as Brighton beach, but Brighton Beach in Brooklyn is actually the name of the town. I read a book not long ago where the author mistakenly referred to Brighton, England as Brighton Beach!



Morning, Noon and Night Trilogy is available on Amazon