Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, May 4, 2012

The Body on the Beach by Simon Brett

The Body on the Beach by Simon Brett is a delightful cozy mystery set in the fictional town of Fethering which Mr. Brett has set near Brighton.

From the cover:
In the seaside hamlet of Fethering (located next to the town of Tarring).Carole Seddon maintains a quiet and sensible life. She doesn't have the time or the tolerance to deal with her new bohemian neighbor, Jude, whose outgoing personality contrasts with that of the prim and proper Carole. But her new neighbor doesn't seem so bad when Carole discovers another addition to the neighborhood - a dead body on the beach.


I liked the contrast between Carole and Jude and their characters were well developed along with many of the other characters that Mr. Brett introduces in the book. This would make a great summer read.

I received the book as part of a blog book giveaway, I apologize for not giving the blogger a shout out, but can't remember what blog it was from.