Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, August 22, 2014

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

If you're interested in reading the classics, most of them can be uploaded to Kindle at no charge. (Books eventually become part of public domain) I had not read Frankenstein before, although I'm sure everyone is familiar with the name and the monstrous figure associated with it.
The book wasn't what I expected. Using the story of Prometheus, Mary Shelley sets her character, Victor Frankenstein, up for dire consequences resulting from his seeking power and knowledge. He tells his tale of regret over creating a monster.  It is thought that Shelley's inspiration for the Gothic novel may have come from Giovanni Aldini's experiments where he tried to revive the body of a hanged man using electricity. Have you read Frankenstein? What are your thoughts?