Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Monday, November 7, 2011

HP Ink Jet Printer Review

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate my HP ink jet printer?

As if the ink isn't expensive enough, each time I turn it on it wants to print an alignment page - I hit cancel at this point - all very time consuming.

Then there's the scanner. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes I get an error message saying the USB isn't connected and yet I can print, indicating it is connected.

Tonight I could neither print nor scan although it was quite happy to print an alignment page.

Any suggestions for a good printer?

9 comments:

Mary said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am a fan of cozy mysteries, though I don't often review them on my blog. And, alas, I have no printer suggestions, although my HP Deskjet 5550 works just fine with none of the issues you mention here.
Mary, A Book A Day

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I was getting a new printer every year it seemed (always HP) so one year I bought Best Buys extended warranty as they told me because the printed was inexpensive <$100, if it broke I'd just get a new one with the warranty.......well that sucker lived on and on and on. We just upgraded to one with a scanner, fax etc, also HP and it seems fine so far. good luck (I feel your frustrations)

Debra from Bungalow said...

Hello,

I've no advice on your printer problem, just wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting my blog. I hope you will visit again soon! It's an honor to have an author stop by!

Early Christmas decorating is all about the economy, I get it but still....

Hope you join the linky party!

Joanne said...

Ray got me an Epson NX515. It prints and scans and copies. So far, I've been very happy with it and have had no problems. Good luck - we are slaves to our ink.

Richard said...

To keep it from wanting to print an alignment page every time it is turned on:

-Print the test page.
-Put the test page down on the scanner and scan it.

That should make it happy and quit printing those pages ... at least until you change the cartridges. Then it will print the test page again, but follow the same as above and you'll be good until the next cartridge change.

Cozy in Texas said...

Thanks, Richard. I'll try that.
Ann

Cozy in Texas said...

Thanks, Richard. I'll try that.
Ann

Terri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cozy in Texas said...

Terri, thanks for your comment. I removed it because it had a link.
Ann