Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, October 21, 2011

Shem Creek - Dorothea Benton Frank


I found this book tucked among the discarded books for sale at our local public library. 


Shem Creek is another delightful story by Dorothea Benton Frank. It's a story of new beginnings, new friendships and a return to the place of Linda's childhood and as the cover says it's a "low country tale".


From the cover: Linda Breland has no experience managing a restaurant, but neither did Brad Jackson, and he owns the place.  Meet Linda Breland, single parent of two teenage daughters. . . As the story opens, she is barreling down Interstate 95, bound for Mount Pleasant, South Caroline, the land of her ancestors.

6 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I love Frank's work! She can write about the lowcountry like no one else can.

Harvee said...

I like finding good books at library sales. These days I look for good hardcover books to keep. Haven't read any of this author as yet...

Amused said...

Sounds good! Library sales are the best!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I love a Library sale! And this author is one of my favorite 'go-tos' -- if I can't think what I want to read, she is one I can always look for in the stacks and find (I hope I never finish everything she's written).

TheBookGirl said...

I read this author for the first time last year -- Lowcountry Summer, and loved her. I have her new one, Folly Beach on my TBR pile.
It's amazing what you can find on the library discards pile :)

Heather said...

I'm not keen on the watermelon cover, but this one is wonderful. Enough that I would have to pick up the book and take a closer look.