Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day

The Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers rolled into town yesterday and I'm sure were surprised at the balmy 57 degrees here in the Metroplex. But it wasn't long before the mercury plummeted. The airports are now closed. Along with a night of heavy rain, the temperature dropped to the teens and by morning, with the wind chill, it was 1 degree. But Superbowl festivities are not to be deterred and Fort Worth is joining in the excitement. Along with down jackets, hats and a few well placed outside heaters, the fans will be building up to Superbowl Sunday at the Cowboy Stadium. We did a tour when it first opened and visited again for a Paul McCartney concert. It's an impressive building. Meanwhile, with the roads like an ice rink, I'll be huddled in a blanket and reading a delightful cozy mystery by Mary Kennedy

Supposed to be twenty below tonight - coldest weather for this area in twenty years brrrrr.

12 comments:

Dorte H said...

What a beautiful shot!

Kay said...

I laughed about the Steelers and the Packers coming to Dallas and finding winter weather. And you and I both know how well Texas does with serious winter weather! LOL

It blew down I35 early this morning and we are shivering here in Austin. The rain moved out just as the cold came in. That's best for us. Ice and snow do not go well here in Austin.

Cozy in Texas said...

You're right Kay. I'm sure they are wondering what all the fuss is about, but we have minimal equipment to clear the roads. Apparently there is plenty to clear the area around Cowboy Stadium though. We never can seem to get our priorities right.
Ann

Puttering Patti said...

I'm not a football fan but it would be fun to be there taking it all in. I'm way ready for warmer days. We've had so much snow this season. Hugs

BookQuoter said...

Nice picture. Love the symmetrical snowy trees. Can't believe that's Texas, looks like somewhere here! (Michigan).

The Shanty Girl said...

Stay warm my friend!

Jan Morrison said...

Hey Ann, Jan here (from Crazy Jane) - thanks for dropping by. I'm sorry you're having a storm but I have to say bwahahahaha! We just got a couple of feet dumped in a day - schools and almost everything else closed for the second day in a row. Ah well, c'est la vie.
Your site looks great and I'll be back! Stay warm and reading - I'm going to...oh and writing!

Helen Ginger said...

Jimminee, Ann, y'all are much colder than we are in Austin. And I'm cold! With so many people heading to the stadium, I hope everyone is patient or there will be problems. I'll be watching from the warmth of my living room.

Peter Rozovsky said...

Hah! That serves the NFL right for holding the Super Bowl in yet another warm-weather city.
==========================
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

Louise said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. Yes, some of the illustrations on my blog are by Mabel Lucie Attwell. I have a small collection of her postcards, and other ephemera. I love her work. This winter in the UK has been one of the coldest on record too! x

Kristi said...

Love this photo! Stay warm and thanks for stopping by my blog! ;)

The Tote Trove said...

How interesting to be in the thick of the excitement! I'm with you, though; I'd much prefer to be curled up with a good book :)