Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, February 12, 2010

Record Snowfall in Texas




























While mild compared to the northern states, yesterday the snowfall in Fort Worth, Texas reached a record high of ten inches in twenty-four hours. Electrical cables have been lighting up like sparklers and 175,000 homes are without power. But no weather is consistent in Texas and by this afternoon the temperature will be in the 40s.







4 comments:

Helen Ginger said...

Fabulous pictures. I've been seeing on the news that y'all are getting tons of snow. We totally missed it down here in my part of central TX. Would've liked a little bit, but not what y'all got.

Incidentally, your dog is totally cute.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Scobberlotcher said...

Beautiful pics. I posted my snow pics today, too. (I'm also a writer in Texas!)

K9friend said...

Snow can be a real pain, but those pictures are gorgeous. Hope things are back to normal soon!

Scobberlotcher said...

Hello,

Thanks for stopping by my blog, neighbor. Yes, I've participated in NaNo for the last 2 years. I'm currently editing one of my NaNo novels. How about you? Are you still working on your ms.?