Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A Clue for the Puzzle Lady by Parnell Hall

I have just started reading A clue for the Puzzle Lady the first book in the Puzzle Lady Mystery series by Parnell Hall.  Although the story seems to be moving along, one thing I've found off putting is the crossword puzzle watermark on some of the pages, making itdifficult to read. I haven't come across this before in mystery novels and wonder why the publisher would think this was a good idea!

From the cover:
Violent crime is rare in tiny Bakerhaven. When the body of an unknown teenage girls turns up in the local cemetery, Police Chief Dale Harper finds himself investigating his first homicide. Nothing aobut this case is straightforward. Even a thorough search of the crime scene fails to reveal who she was, the murder weapon, or why the killer left her body in a graveyard minus her shows. A cryptic message on a scrap of paper she carried seems to be a crossword puzzle clue. Could it have been left by the killer? If so, what does it mean?