Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Dr. Pepper Museum - Waco, Texas

Another stop we made while in Waco, Texas recently was at the Dr. Pepper Museum. Dr. Pepper began in Dublin, Texas where they used cane sugar for their product, but the Dr. Pepper brand was eventually bought by The Snapple Group.

While the Dr. Pepper museum was interesting what struck me most was the W.W. "Foots" Clements History of Free Enterprise Institute.  W.W. Clements was a former CEO of the Dr. Pepper Company and emphasized that a good company can grow by following The Golden Rule and having high morals and standards. A good philosophy for everyone.




8 comments:

Joanne said...

Ray and I enjoyed our visit there. Did the kids like making their own soda?

L. D. said...

I never knew the story behind Dr. Pepper. I am assuming it was not introduced into the US until the 1960's. I like it as a special to break away from the standard soft drink.

Mason Canyon said...

I had never thought about Dr. Pepper having a museum, but I should have since Coke has one in Atlanta. If only more companies followed the Golden Rule.

K9friend said...

I used to love drinking Dr. Pepper. It's a southern thing, isn't it?

Pat
Critter Alley

Elephant's Child said...

You are so right. The Golden Rule would make life easier for everyone. And more pleasant.

Jo said...

I see you are a limey by birth, same as I am. I didn't know there were museums for soft drinks. That surprises me.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Ann - thanks for popping over (via WordSplash) to read about 'talc' ... Interesting that the enterprising founder of Dr Pepper was so enterprising - we could learn a lot from him and his ideals ... Do Unto Others ... As You Would Have Them Do Unto You ...

Interesting to read about the Museum ... cheers Hilary

TracyK said...

And to think I almost missed this post. Have been sick and it must have slipped past me. My son and I are big Dr. Pepper fans and I did know that it originated in Texas. Thanks for all these links. How cool that you could visit the museum.