Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, July 8, 2016

A Comedy of Heirs by Rett MacPherson

A Comedy of Heirs is the first book I've read by Rett MacPherson and as I've recently started working on my family genealogy it was particularly enticing. If you're following the 50 State Reading Challenge, this cozy mystery is set in Missouri.

As the mystery revolves around the large family during a family reunion, I did find it a little difficult to keep up with who's who, but gradually the family members unimportant to the mystery did move to the background. I really enjoyed this Torie O'Shea Mystery and will be looking out for more reads by Rett MacPherson. A Comedy of Heirs is the first in the series.

From the cover:
The December annual O'Shea family reunion is just kicking off when genealogist and town historian Torie O'Shea discovers a bad apple in her family tree. Someone has sent her several newspaper clippings reporting a fifty year old unsolved murder. The dead man is her great-grandfather - shot on his own front porch while his family was trapped inside.