Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Strictly Murder by Lynda Wilcox

I came across Lynda Wilcox on Goodreads and picked up the first cozy mystery in the Verity Long Series.

Strictly Murder (The Verity Long Mysteries Book 1)The estate agent's details listed two receptions, kitchen and bath. What they failed to mention was the dead celebrity in the master bedroom. Personal assistant Verity Long's house hunt is about to turn into a hunt for a killer.

It will take some fancy footwork to navigate the bitchy world of dance shows, television studios, and dangerously gorgeous male co-stars.

When Verity looks like the killer's next tango partner, she discovers that this dance is...Strictly Murder.


Verity has a great job researching crimes for a crime writer and it gives her a chance to look into a recent local murder in an English village (we all love English villages in a cozy mystery). The crime involves the production of a televised dance show (like Dancing with the Stars/Strictly Come Dancing). I thought the characters had all the quirkiness of a cozy mystery and I liked Verity as a character with her thoughts all over the place (as were her actions). I'll definitely be reading more in this series.  

The novel is currently free for Kindle.