Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, April 17, 2015

Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday

Spying in High Heels  reminded me of the Stephanie Plum Series, it has quirky characters, an inquisitive protagonist and a hunky cop. I enjoyed the L.A. setting as I lived there for many years and enjoyed picturing places that I hadn't seen for ages as Maddie drives around the Los Angeles area looking for suspects. Gemma Halliday writes with a fast pace humorous style and keeps the reader engaged. It was a fun mystery read and the book is currently free for Kindle.
L.A. shoe designer, Maddie Springer, lives her life by three rules: Fashion. Fashion. Fashion. But when she stumbles upon the work of a brutal killer, her life takes an unexpected turn from Manolos to murder. And things only get worse when her boyfriend disappears - along with $20 million in embezzled funds - and her every move is suddenly under scrutiny by the LAPD's sexiest cop. With the help of her post-menopausal bridezilla of a mother, a 300 pound psychic and one seriously oversexed best friend, Maddie finds herself stepping out of her stilettos and onto the trail of a murderer. But can she catch a killer before the killer catches up to her...