Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Monday, October 7, 2013

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

I found the The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs in the discarded section of the library. I've found many books here that I might not otherwise have picked up.
The Knitting Club meets on Fridays in a Manhattan knitting shop and the novel follows the owner, Georgia and her daughter, Dakota along with people who cross their paths through the knitting shop and the club. As an avid knitter myself, I enjoyed the book about people who had a common thread as it were.
The only downside I found was that it was long (360 pages) and could have been condensed.

From the cover:
At the center of Walker and Daughter is the shop's owner, Georgia, who is overwhelmed with juggling the store and single handedly raising her teenage daughter. Happy to escape the demands of her life, she looks forward to her Friday Night Knitting Club, where she and her friends - Anita, Peri, Darwin, Lucie and K.C. - exchange knitting tips, jokes and their deepest secrets. But when the man who once broke Georgia's heard suddenly shows up, demanding a role in their daughter's life, her world is shattered. . .