Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Monday, August 26, 2013

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin was started as a year long experiment searching for happiness. Ms. Rubin says "I wasn't as happy as I could be and my life wasn't going to change unless I made it change. I needed to change the lens through which I viewed everything familiar."
She starts January with a heading of exercise, sleep more, clear clutter. 
For decluttering she viewed the Unclutterer Blog. She has a lot of ideas for finding happiness in your life and has a list of tips at the end of the book.

  • Recall happy times to boost happiness
  • Act the way you want to feel
  • Do something that you enjoyed when you were 10
  • Happiness box - collect trinkets that make you happy
  • Remember the things that go wrong often make the best memories (quote from her mother)
She states: One of the best ways to make myself happy is to make someone else happy and one of the best ways to make other people happy is to be happy myself.

You can read more about The Happiness Project here

Find out how to get started on your own project here