Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, August 16, 2013

The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin

The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin is the story of Anne Morrow Lindbergh's life with aviator, Charles Lindbergh. Although, a fictional account, Ms. Benjamin covers the historical facts of Charles Lindbergh's life and incorporates what life with him as his wife may have been like.

My thoughts:
I did like the historical aspect of the book and a glimpse into the personality of Charles Lindbergh and what his life may have been like as a father and husband, rather than the Charles Lindbergh we all know as an aviator. But I didn't feel emotion from Anne Morrow Lindbergh. Even after the kidnapping of her son, Charles Lindbergh, Jr., there seemed no deep sense of urgency or loss and I didn't feel a connection with her. All in all it was an interesting story.