Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Manna from Hades (A Cornish Mystery) by Carola Dunn

I loved this book. Part of the reason is that is set in a Cornish village in the 1970s which is when I lived there. Eleanor drives a Morris Minor which is the car I drove at that time. There are so many things that I'd forgotten. For example, black and white police cars were called Panda cars. This is the first in the Cornish series by Carola Dunn

From the cover:
Eleanor Trewynn is a widow living in Port Mabyn a small fishing village in Cornwall, England. Until her husband died, she worked with him in many exotic parts of the world. Now retired, she volunteers at the local charity shop that occupies the first floor of her cottage. . . Eleanor discovers the dead body of a long-haired, scruffy youth hidden in the stockroom of the charity shop . . .

This one is going on my list of favorite reads for 2013.