Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

St. Patrick's Day

We stopped at the Baker Street Pub on Sunday where they were set up for St. Patrick's Day celebrations. With a limited menu, we were unable to order our favorite bangers and mash, but we got in the spirit of celebrations and selected green eggs and ham, celebrating both St. Patrick's Day and Dr. Seuss's birthday this month. The music was non traditional (I don't think Barry White's songs could pass as Irish).


One thing that has been bothering me lately is that when paying with cash at restaurants, the bill is rounded up to the nearest dollar. While it may only be a few pennies or as much as 99 cents, I feel this is not a good business practice. Is it something that the restaurant encourages to make extra money or does the server consider it part of his/her tip? What do you do if you are shortchanged at restaurants?

Note: While speaking to the manager a few months later,  he said it wasn't company policy to round up bills.