Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, December 14, 2012

Mrs. Jeffries and the Yuletide Weddings by Emily Brightwell

This is the first book in the Victorian Mystery series that I've read by Emily Brightwell. I enjoyed the cozy mystery and Ms. Brightwell did a good job at the beginning explaining who the characters were, but there were a lot of people to keep track of and I found it difficult keeping up with them all. However, I'll definitely look out for more books by Ms. Brightwell.

From the cover:
A Mrs. Jeffries Mystery - She keeps house for Inspector Witherspoon . . . and keeps him on his toes. Everyone's awed by his Scotland Yard successes - but they don't know about his secret weapon. No matter how messy the murder or how dirty the deed, Mrs. Jeffries, polished detection skills are up to the task . . . proving that behind every great man there's a woman - and that a crimesolver's work is never done.