Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, September 7, 2012

The Lake of Dreams by Kim Edwards

From the cover:
At a crossroads in her life, Lucy Jarrett returns home to upstate New York from Japan, only to find herself haunted by her father's unresolved death a decade ago. Old longings stirred up by Keegan Fall, a local glass artist who was once her passionate first love, lead her into the unexpected. Late one night, as she paces the hallways of her family's rambling lakeside house, she discovers, locked in a window seat, a collection of objects that first appear to be idle curiosities, but soon reveal a hidden family history.


My thoughts:
Ms. Edwards captures the Jarrett family dynamics and takes us on a journey of mystery as Lucy uncovers clues to her family history. I loved the story, but found some of it could have been condensed and found myself reading, but not absorbing some of the long passages. The descriptions were delightful and gave me a good idea of the area and surroundings. Ms. Edwards is a talented writer and her words flow beautifully on the page.