Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Saturday, April 14, 2012

What Have you Read Lately?

   I just finished reading a novel although I must admit I skipped quite a few pages as in my opinion it could have been about 150 pages shorter and been a more interesting story. Lately, I haven't found any books that I want to spend more than a few minutes reading - nothing gripping - nothing where I find myself cheering the protagonist on. So, if you have come across a gem recently that you want to share, please leave a note in the comments section. I'd love to hear from you. 

4 comments:

Joanne said...

The Fault in our Stars - John Green. Love the protagonist. Funny and then you'll sniffle. Really well written.

The Woodcutter - Reginald Hill
Very different, but don't judge the man immediately. Love the doctor trying to figure out the key. This was a tricky read and kept me guessing. Well done.

Those are my suggestions. Perhaps a bit out of your normal genre, but worth the trips. Also, the biography of Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson is amazing.

Cozy in Texas said...

Thanks for the suggestions, Joanne. I found a Harlan Coben book that I haven't read and his are always enjoyable. So, I'm a happy reader again.
Ann

ShantyGirl said...

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I have been reading design books and blogs and really need to read a good novel!! Oh to find the time but I bet you know what that is about!! Hope to see you soon!!

K9friend said...

Not a novel, but recently finished Anne Lamott's "Operating Instructions". I love her work, especially her nonfiction.

She did write a novel called "The Blue Shoe" that was wonderful.

Pat
Critter Alley