Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Guest Post - Jenna from Book Snoop

Jenna Anderson from The Book Snoop has stopped by today to tell us about her new book Off Leash.

Welcome Jenna 

Tell us a little about yourself and your writing life.
I began writing in 2008. I definitely was not one of those authors born with a pencil in her hand. The journey has been exciting so far. I grew up in a small Minnesota town and am the youngest of eight kids!

Off Leash is your second novella, correct?
Yes. I published Healing Touch in October of 2009. Almost two years later I released Off Leash. I think I need to pick up the pace a bit on my releases. Both of these stories reflect my experiences growing up in a small town.

Tell us about Off Leash.
This ebook is a fun romp - literally. Candice Gunderson is a city gal and finds herself lost in the Indiana countryside. Her purebred pooch spies a brute farm dog and decides to go off leash. Of course there is a cute farmer, a snarky cat, and spunky goats. I wanted to write something sweet that would also make readers laugh.

Who is your favorite character in the story?
That would have to be Ginger. She’s the little baby goat who will not be ignored. I hope readers enjoy reading about her as much as I enjoyed writing her.

Can we have an excerpt?
The farmhouse was my only option. I wondered how many strange women from the city arrived on their doorstep each day. I looked for signs of life, but the place appeared deserted. No one was around except a mangy dog running our way.

“Oh no.” I scrambled to pick up Phoebe, but she had already spotted the other animal. Her face lit up.

I stepped on the leash to stop her escape, but only ended up helping her get free. With a few tugs, spins, and summersaults, she freed herself from the leash. I never even slowed her down.

“This can’t be happening.”

The dogs met each other midway on the lawn. I knew at once that the mutt was a male, and he looked happy to see Phoebe. Very happy.

“No, no, no!” My chase wasn’t bad considering I sported high-heeled boots and a bulging bladder.

“Phoebe, stay! Phoebe, come!”

Ignored.

What’s next in your writing life?
I have a few other stories in the works, one is a young adult tale about friendship and popularity. All of my writing contains some type of lightness and humor. I hope to continue that in any genre I attempt.

Where can readers find you online and learn more about your upcoming projects?
Thank you so much for having me. 
Readers can get updates on my titles here
I also have a book blog: The Book Snoop.
And if you really want more of me you can check out Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/JAScribbles 



Thank you for stopping by, Jenna - we look forward to reading more fun books from you.