Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, January 27, 2012

No Rest for the Dead

If you like Jeffery DeaverLisa Scottoline Alexander McCall Smith and  Michael Palmer , you'll love this novel. With over 26 author contributors, and introduced by David Baldacci, anyone who loves a good mystery will be hooked from beginning to end. Each of the authors has written a chapter or two in the book and interspersed with forensic and medical examiner jargon that Kathy Reichs is a master of.

From the Cover:
When Christopher Thomas, a ruthless curator at San Francisco's McFall Art Museum, is murdered and his decaying body is found inside an iron maiden in a Berlin museum, his wife, Rosemary, is the primary suspect, and she is tried, convicted and executed. Ten years later, Jon Nunn, the detective who cracked the case, is convinced that the wrong person was put to death. In the years since the case was closed, he's discovered a web of deceit and betrayal surrounding the Thomases that could implicate any number of people in the crime.

6 comments:

Misa said...

Nice to see another writer from Texas who loves mysteries!!

Joanne said...

sounds like a very fun read. Love the authors listed - quite a good mix.

Mason Canyon said...

This is a good read. I got into the story so much I really couldn't tell where one author left off and the next one began.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Cozy in Texas said...

I agree Mason. If I hadn't known there was more than one author I wouldn't have noticed.
Ann

Shirley said...

Thanks for the visit to My Bookshelf and your comment about Michael Buble's book "Onstage Offstage". I enjoyed reading about his family and the close relationship they enjoy. Sometimes, while Michael is recording, they will gather in the studio to watch the process and offer support. Have you picked up a copy yet?

I do like Alexander McCall Smith and your probably right about this one as being one I'd enjoy too. I'll have to look for it at work!

Hillbilly Tonya said...

Sounds like a good one...thank you so much!