Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, August 5, 2011

Angels by Marian Keyes

Angels is the first book I've read by Marian Keyes and I found it very similar to Jill Mansell's chic lit style of writing. The book was fun to read and it brought back many memories of when I first moved to Los Angeles from London when I too was surprised at floor to ceiling windows at the gym and shallowness of Hollywood all of which is depicted well in the book.

From the cover:
The only one of her siblings not burdened with the "diva gene," Maggie Walsh always prided herself on normalcy - until she caught her irreproachable husband having an affair and was sacked from her dependable job. Suddenly her perfectly organized existence has become a perfect mess. Rather than stew in her sorrow, she decides, for the first in her life, to do something daring - and flees to the shelter of her best friend Emily in the faraway wonderland of Los Angeles.

A big thank you to to Lip Gloss and Literature - I received the book as a winner of the 50th follower giveaway.