Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chocolate Brownies in a Mug

Instead of heating up an oven when the outside temperatures are soaring, make a quick dessert in the microwave. 


Use at least an 8 oz coffee mug


Mix together 2 tbsp. melted butter, 2 tbsp. water and 1/4 tsp. vanilla.


Add: 4 tbsp. sugar, a dash of salt, 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder, 4 tbsp. flour.


Use a fork to mix together until well blended. (You can mix this in the mug).


Microwave for approx. 60 seconds depending on your microwave.


Gooey and delicious.


You can also experiment with different flavors such as a few drops of peppermint instead of vanilla.

16 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh YUM! Thank you for sharing.

Brandi @ Frugal Farmhouse said...

Scrumptious!! I'll have to try that!

Lisa said...

Hopping over from comments on my blog...I'm a bit behind. I want to try this recipe yummy thanks Lisa

Sandra said...

so easy even I can do it. wow, sounds good and i love your mug

Give Peas A Chance said...

thanks for visiting my blog I'm following you on google friend connect now LOVE all these book reviews!

Drama queens mum (Kimberly) said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. This sounds really good.

About A Mom said...

yum!!! I am a new follower from Mon Hop! Please stop by http://aboutamom.com

Delaney said...

Sounds delicious!

Julia said...

Thanks for visiting today!
This looks really good - wish I had one right now!

http://confessionsofafrugalmind.blogspot.com/

Belly Charms said...

My 5 year old would love this!! I am following you back. Have a great week.

Lesa said...

Oh, I've heard of this but never tried it. Me and my little boy are doing this tomorrow!! Yum! I may have to add a dab of icecream to mine.

Judy Croome said...

I'm supposed to be on diet! And now I find this...

Judy, South Africa

Jen (emeraldsunshine.org) said...

That sounds absolutely delicious. :) Two or three years ago for Christmas I made a bunch of "in a mug" gifts for people; they were individually wrapped with hand printed instructions. I posted about it on my blog somewhere. I'm going to have to rustle up some of those recipes!

Clairity@Hip2bMom.com said...

Mmm, sounds yummy. Think I'm going to give this a try :)

Following you on GFC now, hope you'll follow back if you're not already.

Sue-Ellen Welfonder said...

These sound wonderfully good. What a neat idea!!

Kathy said...

Oh Ann these sound yummy and quick. Thank you,
KathyG