Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blogger Problems

Commenting on blogs has been no easy task this week.  If the comments box is a pop up, I've had no problem, but the comments section embedded at the end of a post have been all but impossible to leave a comment on. It shows me as anonymous even though I have signed in and then when I select Google as an identity it takes me to the sign in page. Even after signing in, the whole process then repeats again. Blogs that have selected "Pop-up Window" for comment replacement are not a problem.

I found a post today where some solutions are suggested. Take a look  here, but none appear to have worked for me. Any suggestions?


June 5 update:
Thanks Jessica (see the comments section) I selected Google Chrome for my browser and it fixed the problem.

6 comments:

K9friend said...

I just don't know what's up with Blogger lately. If it's not one thing it's another. Wish I could help you, but I'm definitely a tech-know-not! The only thing I can suggest is try and "delete your cookies and clear your cache".
That worked wonders for me!
Good luck!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Jennifer Shirk said...

I know blogger has been a bugger!

Someone told me that when I log in DON'T click the "keep me logged in" box.
For some reason, that worked for me and I was able to log in and comment.

Jessica (BookLover) said...

Same here! I figured they would have fixed it by now. But until they do, I've been using Chrome as a browser (just to view, comment, and follow); Safari works, too. But I can't escape the problems in IE. :(

So, you can try using a different browser, for the things that aren't working through the one you are currently using. Whatever the problem is, I hope it gets fixed soon.

mummazappa said...

This has been a problem for me too, some people who had previously been able to comment on my blog suddenly couldn't anymore - I changed my comment options and it stopped being a problem. I notice that if I use my old laptop which blocks scripted windows I can't comment on lots of blogs, but if I use my new laptop which doesn't I don't have any problems. It's so weird!

Bailey (The Window Seat Reader) said...

Glad you figured out a solution! I had the same problems and switched over from IE to Firefox. The problem seems to have disappeared... so I'm sticking with Firefox til it gives me a reason to change :)

Melissa Mc (Gerbera Daisy Diaries) said...

I solved the problem today:
Go to Tools on your browser tool bar; go to Internet Options; delete browsing history; click on the top three boxes and delete...then restart your computer. When you sign into blogger do NOT click on "remember me." so far, no problems.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!