Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, May 20, 2011

Heat Wave - Richard Castle

 From the cover:
A New York real estate tycoon plunges to his death on a Manhattan sidewalk. A trophy wife with a past survives a narrow escape from a brazen attack. Mobsters and moguls with no shortage of reasons to kill trot out thir alibis. . .

If you love the series Castle on ABC, you will enjoy this book by "author" Richard Castle. Although at times I thought it sounded more like a screenplay than a novel, it's easy to picture Rick Castle (Nathan Fillion) as Rook the journalist and Kate Becket (Stana Katic) as Detective Heat. Definitely a fun mystery read and at under 200 pages you will zip through it in no time. I don't know who actually wrote the book but I wonder if it's the writers from the TV show. Fun idea.



6 comments:

Helen Ginger said...

I haven't read any of the Castle books, but I agree that it's a fun idea. Plus, if you like the show, then you're more apt to buy the book, so it's all good for the ratings and sales.

Penelope Lolohea said...

I haven't seen Castle, but my mom and sister rave about it. I think I'll let them know about this book! :)

Charley said...

I enjoy the show but have not read the books. I'm kind of curious.

Michele Emrath said...

I think it's a fun idea, too, but still doesn't quite appeal to me. I love the show, though!

Thanks for sharing the great quote on my Friday post.

Michele

Glynis said...

The books are new to me. I will have to look them up. Thanks for sharing.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Love Castle and loved peering into his mind in this book.

What did you think of that finale? Was that awesome or what?