Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ennis Bluebonnet Festival

Ennis is the Bluebonnet capital of Texas and famous for the trails of the state flower.
South of Dallas and Southeast of Fort Worth, Ennis is a pleasant springtime drive and if you stop at the Visitors' Bureau there are maps available to guide you through roadways with views of an endless blanket of Bluebonnet and Indian Paintbrush wildflowers. We started at Hwy 45 from Ennis and took the 255 exit, wound around the trail toward Crisp and Bristol, along Sugar Ridge Road and returning to Hwy 45 at Palmer (259). There are five varieties of the bluebonnet, two of which only grow in Texas.











15 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

Such beautiful photos. Bluebonnets are one thing I love about Texas.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I love your beautiful photos. They make me feel as if I were there. Love your dogs and cat. May the mysteries you find always be entertaining, Roland

Joanne said...

wondered if you'd made it there despite the soggy day. Lovely pics - the colors still pop even against a gray backdrop.

Helen Ginger said...

Beautiful pictures, Ann!

Helen
Straight From Hel

christa @ mental foodie said...

love the flowers!!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! Lovely pictures. I grew up in Watauga, TX (up to age 9). I remember all the blue bonnets!

Patti Cakes said...

What a beautiful site. I would have stop and get out my camera and take a million photos. Hugs

Judith Richards Shubert said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Ann.

K9friend said...

You take the most beautiful pictures! I love the field of red and blue flowers!

Pat

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Ann,

The color in these pictures is amazing. Thanks for posting these.

Melissa

Jackie said...

I wonder if these are related to Lupins? Thye are longer and more pointy than your blue bonnets but have the same sorts of pea like flowers. I love them. I can't grow them much in my windy, shady, slug ridden garden an dthey are quite common in parts of Uk and grow as weeds on railway bankings.
I look forward to seeing your writing post and will add you to the list.

Claire said...

Love the pictures! The second to last photo is beautiful - color is just perfect!!

Tiffany Norris said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'll be visiting yours regularly!
You won the giveaway, so just email me your address, and I'll get your prize package in the mail. Congrats, and thanks again!

Anne said...

Your pictures are great! I love bluebonnets!