Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pineapple Juice



While in Jamaica we learned about using parts of the fruit we would normally throw away and so this week-end I bypassed the frozen fruit and picked up a fresh pineapple. Trying to remember the instructions given by the tour guide at the Croydon Plantation, I sliced the pineapple and placed the skin in a pan, covered it with water and added 1/3 cup of sugar and half a teaspoon of ground ginger. After bringing it to a boil, I simmered the juice for about ten minutes then left it to cool before draining the juice through a sieve. The pineapple juice was delicious.

3 comments:

Claire said...

It sounds like you had a nice trip. I love all the pictures. Pineapple juice is my favorite - I will have to try this next time I buy a pineapple.

maria said...

Pineapple juice is like a one lifetime favorite and Eveready dish of mine. I love to drink pineapple juice very much and the taste of it is so awesome that stay in my tongue for a long time after finishing it. I make through grinding it but now I know the other style of making it from you and it sounds yummy so I will definitely try it.
cruise reviews

K9friend said...

Fresh is always better, isn't it? And the extra effort is worth the result.