I was tagged this week by Beth at Being Beth. The idea is to write down six things that make you happy and then tag others.
1. My children have to be at the top of the list. This week-end was special. My daughter Cheryl and I made bedroom curtains and any time we spend together is a true blessing. She is not only my daughter but my best friend. Then there's my son Nathan. He was born on Christmas day and his name means gift. I am proud of him for his convictions and beliefs and his kindness to others. Today, he treated us to lunch as a celebration (he received a promotion and a raise). Nothing makes me happier than spending time with my family. I am one fortunate mom.
2. This has to be my dogs and cat who are special.
3. My garden. My sister pointed out today that my mum loved to garden and I remember coming home from school finding her puttering around in the garden. Our house was full of house plants (as is mine) and I take delight in watching something grow. A few hours in the garden can get rid of many frustrations.
4. Writing. I've found that although I've always enjoyed writing, finding friends who are on the same page (excuse the pun) make it fun. My friend's husband calls us the Word Nerds.
5. Travel. I love to travel whether it's a week-end in a small Texas town, a gondola ride through the canals of Venice, or a cruise. Getting away to somewhere different is wonderful.
6. There are so many other things that make me happy, music (especially by Andrea Bocelli), art, a concert, dinner with friends, talking to my neighbors.
But happiness and contentment go hand in hand and today I find that I am truly content. I live in a nice neighborhood with wonderful neighbors, I have many friends and a full life. I wouldn't change anything that has happened, good or bad, because it's made me the person I am today and while some things I would prefer not to remember, together they have brought me to a comfortable place where I wake up each day with enthusiasm and yes, happiness.