Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Sunday, December 7, 2008

NaNoWriMo 2008



November was a month of challenges. National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) began at midnight on November 1 and ended on November 30. During the month, along with my writing buddies, I completed the first draft of a novel – 50,000 words. We all reached the summit despite personal obstacles. Between us there was a funeral, travel plans, out of town visitors, Thanksgiving dinner to cook and a fractured ankle but what we learned was that while writing can be a solitary occupation, with fellow writers as friends, the encouragement can save many a project. Daily e-mails got us past the finish line. I can’t wait to hear everyone read their work at our next critique meeting.

2 comments:

DebMc said...

This is a FINE first post. Congrats all around, both for NaNo and for the new blog.

wolffie said...

Great job Mummy!!!! You have done an outstanding job with your writing. What an accomplishment! I love reading your stories. Can't wait for Novel #2.