Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, July 13, 2018

In the Company of Others by Jan Karon

In the Company of Others is part of the Mitford series but is set in Ireland. It wasn't my favorite book of the series. Although, like all Jan Karon's books, it is well written, I didn't find the characters as quirky and likable as those in Mitford. Nevertheless, it has a story with intrigue, secrets and a lovely look into Irish life.

From the cover:
Vacation.
The very word has been foreign to Episcopal priest Tim Kavanagh, who has traveled across the Pond but twice. 
Now retired, he's making good on an old promise to show his wife the land of his Irish ancestors and they arrive at Lough Arrow guest lodge.
As three generations struggle to find deliverance from the crucifying power of secrets, Tim and Cynthia discover a journal written more than a century ago. Who knew the faded ink could be the key to unlocking a crime and revealing the truth?