Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Friday, September 1, 2017

Green by Ted Dekker

Green is part of a series which started as a trilogy and then Green was written as a prequel. This is called "The Circle Series" but Green is not the beginning, nor the end. The story is never ending.
Ted Dekker is referred to as a Christian fiction writer and although there were some parts of the story that were taken from biblical characters and events, I wouldn't categorize it as such except for the good overcoming evil part with a few vampires thrown in.


My thoughts:
As a reader it's difficult to know which book to start with. Although Green is titled "The Circle-Book Zero-The beginning and the End" online recommendations suggest reading the others first (Black, Red, White).
I found the numerous characters confusing but they may have been developed more within the previous books. It might also have been helpful for a family tree or chart in the front to refer to. Although I read most of the book, I didn't feel a connection with any of the characters and felt there were too many unanswered questions which may or not have been satisfied in the other books. I wasn't compelled to continue with the series.