Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Monday, October 12, 2015

Revival by Stephen King

Revival is the first novel I've read by Stephen King (I was assured by my book club that it wasn't scary).

Jamie Morton meets a new minister, Reverend Charles Jacobs, when he is just six years old. The shadow of the minister falls over him as he is playing and that shadow follows him for the next fifty years. Jamie learns to play a guitar, joins a rock group and becomes addicted to heroin. It's the "cure" for his addiction that links him again to the Reverend who is dabbling with electricity that he feels can heal. But the "treatments" have many side effects that come to light many years later for not only Jamie, but many people whose paths have crossed with his.

Stephen King is an amazing writer and keeps the reader enthralled throughout his books.