Sunday, May 18, 2014

Fort Worth Botanic Gardens Herb Festival

 We found lots of herbs and plants to entice the senses at the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens Herb Festival this week-end. There were also several classes. A stall tended by a volunteer from Log Cabin Village had handouts explaining how different herbs can be used. For example, the soft leaves of Lamb's Ears can be used as a bandage. One class we attended was by Ester Chambliss who explained how to make Rose Petal Breakfast TeaApple Liqueur and Lavender Lemonade.


5 comments:

ShantyGirl said...

Oh my I want to make lavender lemonade!! Looks like you had a great time sounds like fun!!

Linda said...

This looks awesome! I am so lame....I didn't even know about this Herb Festival.....

Nan said...

Lucky you! I'd love to have been there.

Mason Canyon said...

I love herb festivals. I always want to bring all the herbs home with me, but I know I'll just kill them. The Lavender Lemonade, Apple Liqueur and Rose Petal Breakfast Tea sounds delicious.

Joanne said...

sounds fun and you have a green thumb. Lavender tea it is....