Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Under the Dome

Has anyone been watching Under the Dome on Monday nights?

Stephen King has an amazing imagination and his stories have so many plots, twists and mysteries it's difficult to keep up. Having said that, I've never actually read one of his books (I'm a whimp when it comes to horror stories). Under the Dome is another masterful mystery by him.

Any suggestions for his books that aren't scary and more like Under the Dome which I would put in the Sci-Fi/Mystery category?






5 comments:

Joanne said...

Yes, we've been watching Under the Dome. Ray loves Stephen King and has read every book. I have not, but this is a great production. Actually I did read his latest called "Joyland" - it's under crime noir - takes place at an amusement park and is not gory. I'll loan it to you after Linda T. reads it. You'll like it and the characters and it's a quick read.

Carole Anne Carr said...

We don't have this over here, UK, and I'm such a wimp when it comes to 'scary'

Ashley LaMar said...

I tried watching this show but found myself bored week after week. I finally gave up on it. That being said, I now have no intention of reading this book. I have read others though and enjoyed them.

K9friend said...

Not my favorite genre, but you can't argue with success. I did read an interesting article about the King family recently. Seems like the family is filled with talented writers.

Pat
Critter Alley

Beatnik Mary said...

Hi I thought I'd stop by again to leave a comment too (thanks for visiting my blog!). And actually I've been curious about this show. I haven't read the book but I was thinking about checking out the show. Now I may give it a pass.

I'm afraid I'm not much use for Stephen King suggestions. He was my favourite author when I was a little kid (probably too little to be reading Stephen King, but from the ages of 7-13 I read a LOT of his stuff) but I only liked his horror stuff from the 70's, 80's and early 90's. Once he started doing fantasy and sci-fi stuff I sort of lost interest. But I think he did do quite a lot of that if you're interested.