Welcome to my blog where I share my book reviews
and life along the winding road

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Travelling Books

There are book sites where you can share information about books such as Goodreads. Sharing sites like Paperback Swap where you may list your books and exchange them (the only cost is mail for the books you send). And there are Travelling Books which are left in public places for people to read and pass on. A 2012 travelling books project started in Auckland New Zealand has resulted in thousands of books distributed throughout the country with the following text written on the inside cover:

Take this book with you, read it… and when you’re finished leave it in a safe and dry public place for someone else to find.

Book Crossing has a site where you can share books and then track where they are. You can read articles about travelling books here.

I thought it would be fun to send out a few of my own cozy mysteries and track their locations.

If you would like to participate, please send me an e- mail to cozyintexas@yahoo.com (put Travelling Book in the subject line) with your mailing address and why you would like to participate. I'll pick a few and send out some of my mysteries. The only requirement is that you pass the book on after you have read it and send me an e-mail letting me know where the book is and any comments you may have. (I'll post the comments and location on my blog).

Deadline: August 31, 2013