Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

I love starting the year with a new calendar and I received this lovely one of Butchart Gardens from my friend in Canada. We went to the same school in England and found each other a few years ago on Friends Reunited. After many e-mails we got together on Vancouver Island where we visited Butchart Gardens and spent a few days catching up.

The picture is of an area that used to be a quarry, but is now a colorful mass of flowers and bushes.

8 comments:

Doralynn Kennedy said...

Just stopped in to say, "Happy New Year!"

simply brookes: said...

always wanted to visit butchart gardens. thank you for the lovely image. looks amazing.

Dorte H said...

What a lovely calendar.


I hope 2012 will be a happy year, and also a good writing year for you :)


PS: I have just made "Heather Farm" free on Smashwords so you won´t have to trouble your readers with a coupon.

Cozy in Texas said...

Thanks Dorte, I'll make a note on your guest post which will be coming out in a few weeks.
Ann

Joanne said...

Lovley garden pics to inspire you for the year. A cozy garden murder in the offing...hmm?

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Happy new Year Ann. Nothing like beautiful garden photos to help us make it through winter.....even though it's been mild.

Vickie said...

I love visiting botanic gardens when I visit a new area if a garden exists. Or just tour the gardens of the houses in the town.

I adore my calendars and get new ones every year. I have my Sandra Boynton Mom calendar in the laundry room, my daughter has a Glee calendar in her room, and she got me a Kitten calendar for the bathroom we share. We also have one from Krispy Kreme with coupons...sigh....

Cozy in Texas said...

A Krispy Kreme calendar sounds dangerous, Vickie.
Ann