Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Loch Lomand

Today, I've been talking to my granddaughter about her great-grandfather who was born in Scotland. We listened to some Scottish songs. 


Although I have visited Scotland, I've never been to Loch Lomand. However, the song always reminds me of him and our walks along Scottish country lanes where he told me tales of his childhood. I was fortunate to have a good and kind man as a father and although he died when I was in my early thirties, I still remember so much about him and continue to miss his sweet voice and Scottish accent.  


  


10 comments:

ShantyGirl said...

I love getting to know more about ones family. Scotland looks so beautiful and green, I love the culture! It is so neat for you to teach your grandaughter all of the family history! I love this song.
Sherry

Erica S. said...

Thanks for letting my know you stopped by my blog!

Helen Ginger said...

Never been to Scotland, but in the video it looks amazing. Loved the point where the video went from the very modern bridge to sheep crossing the road!

Dorte H said...

Ah, I have no ancestors in Scotland, but we have visited the wonderful country twice, and it is our favourite holiday spot! Thanks for sharing.

Joanne said...

Lovely post and your father looks like a kind man. I'm sure he'd be proud of his daughter, granddaughter, and great-granddaughter. So nice to be able to pass down stories and heritage.
Very cool.

Jez said...

Scotland is sooo beautiful and peaceful. It's a wonderful thing to pass stories down to your descendants.

lovestitch said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog, I'm happy you were there! Looking forward to your next visit!
Great weekend to you! x

K9friend said...

Your father was a very handsome man. What wonderful memories to share!

Pat

Teresa aka Journaling Woman said...

My first time here!!! I talked to my 7 year old granddaughter last week about a gift my grandfather gave me (rubber Donald Duck) when I was very young. She hugged it. I believe she knew my love for him at that moment. Cool interchange.

Karen Russell said...

I've actually been to Loch Lomond and it's as beautiful as the song!