Welcome to my blog where I share book reviews
and life along the winding road

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans

My granddaughter, who is now three months old,  read her first book today. Actually, I did the reading and she looked at the pictures.  Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans is about a young French girl who despite wearing a school uniform identical to her classmates, stands out with her antics and "was not afraid of mice". The Madeline books have been delighting children since the late 1930s. Like Madeline, Ludwig Bemelmans, was a strong character and his personality shows in the Madeline books.  

6 comments:

Nan said...

I LOVE these books, and had such fun reading them to my little ones.

Joanne said...

Awesome choice for Perryn's first book! I highly recommend Dr.Seuss One Fish, Two Fish and also Go, Dog, Go. You are doing this child a HUGE favor by reading to her. It's truly never too early. You are the BEST grandmother.

Kristi said...

We are huge Madeleine fans! Glad that you enjoyed sharing it with your granddaughter.

Dorte H said...

How funny. I haven´t seen Madeline for 40 years. Good that some children still stand out :D

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

For the life of me, I don't know if I've ever read this?

barmybex said...

I have never read this, but I adore the film, was one of my favourites growing up.

Think I will try to get hold of a copy to read now.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, have a great weekend.